Monday, March 22, 2010

Off to the Vet

Pepper had been spending a lot of time with Blackie over the weekend so we were motivated to get her to the vet. We didn't deem it a difficult catch because Pepper is pretty tame and usually lets me pet her and even pick her up. I did that this morning and all was fine until Erv came out with the cat carrier. She fought valiently and bit me several times in the finger. Ouch. I let her get away. By then, however, she was in the house; and off she went. Alex chased her and (we're proud to say) herded her into the guest bathroom where we finally got her. We wrapped her in a towel which helped to calm her down and put her in the carrier. Unfortunately by then my finger had leaked blood in quite a few places. We're glad bathrooms are easier to clean up than most other rooms. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment