Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Setting the Table


Looks like a lot of cat food for Pepper, doesn't it? The cats do not share. So, every morning I set out 6 dishes. I started out with the small oval dish for Mama Cat. When the first 3 kittens came to eat, I added the 2 round CAT dishes. Yellow Ears was always the one who waited for a dish to open up. I shopped for more dishes, but could not find any I thought were satisfactory. So I set out the plastic container to accommodate Yellow Ears, too. When the second 2 kittens joined in I added the two paper plates (sometimes they double as cat frisbees). Blackie makes 7 cats, but he generally shows up after some of the cats have eaten. Actually, about one CAT dish of cat food comes back inside each evening - but that's still a lot of food for 7 cats. At least it's a lot based on how much Alex eats each day. Guess the colony cats get in a lot more exercise outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment