Wednesday, December 16, 2009

We caught Mama Cat

We Caught Mama Cat !!!

This morning I took 2 bowls of cat food out to the condos. Mama Cat was sitting in front of the one she occupies with her kittens. The rest of the cats were milling around. Mama usually hisses at me when I bring the food, but this time she lashed out with a paw (and long claws) at the same time. I said, “Well, now you will have to wait for breakfast,” and took the food back inside the house.

Scarface went over and sat down facing Mama and just stared at her for the longest time. We think he was telling her, “Now see what you have done!”

I had an appointment, so the cats had to wait to eat until I got back. Then Erv and I put some food in the capture cage, covered it, and set it on the porch. To our surprise, Mama Cat sniffed around and then went inside – gotcha! Mama is off to the vet…

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the blog, and congratulations on catching Mama! Just keep an eye on the little ones while she's at the doctor... Don't let Scarface scare them away from the food and their condo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo of Mama! I can't wait to hear more about the Wild Cate Colony.

    ReplyDelete